Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Long Time Ago


Hello All it has been such a long time since I was here and I'm sorry if you have been looking for me. Work and family life took over for a time. I am happy to say that I seem to be having a bit more time lately to get some things done. For instance I was able to play along with two sketches this week. First things first: Tuesday Morning Sketches. I flipped this one on it's side this week and I altered a couple of things. I made the sentiment the focal image because I needed a birthday card for a co-worker and thought this would fit the Bill (that's really his name) perfectly. I didn't get too carried away with embelishment because I wanted it to stay classic and manly. What do you think? The recipe is fairly easy although there were a lot of things in this pot. Paper: Brown - Bazzil, Blue-Bazzil Swiss Dots, Pumpkin Pie, and unknown DP from The Greeting Farm. Ink: Pumpkin Pie. Other: Wavy boarder punch, scrap ribbon. The inside has a small strip of the DP along the right side as an accent. Well I will put up my other sketch tommorrow. Enjoy! Sorry the picture is so small. If you want to get a better look, you can click on the image. Thank you.

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

This is lovely Darsana. I really like the colors you chose and it's a simple card - absolutely love that!!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I'm happy for you that you were able to squeeze in some creative time.