Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tuesday Morning Sketches on Thursday




I know, I know, I'm late. But hey great work takes time. I received this image and the pattern paper from Melissa in the mail, and I haven't been able to play with the last couple weeks sketches, so I knew that this was going to work this week. I colored this CC Designs Sweet Pixies Gretal with Prismacolor Watercolor pencils, and then I decided not to use the water to blend them but to use the white pencil instead for a softer look. I just love her!! I sprinkled some pixie dust on her wings. Is she not divine? I used the level two Nestabilities to cut her out as well as the Always Artichoke paper behind her. I smudged the edge with some Cameo Coral and everything else got edged with Always Artichoke. I couldn't bear to cover up any more of the DP so I just made the space between the embelishments wider to show it off. Thank you Melissa for the image and the great sketch! Hope you all enjoy. I know I am looking forward to next Tuesday's sketch.

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

So cute Darsana! I'm glad to know you received the kit and that you're playing with it.

Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this precious pixie, Darsana, so perfectly colored with fabulous shimmering wings!! Great work!!!