Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Peanut!


Wow, It's been a very long time since I have posted! Just when I got things under control with being able to upload my cards using jpg files, work went and got a new copier/scanner which does not seem to have that option. I have several cards that I have scanned that are all in Adobe. ARGH!!!!! I have to figure out how to get them up here. I have to get a camera, figure out this technology and than we will be on board. So in the meantime, I have a card to share today for my niece, Olivia, or as I call her..."Peanut". Today is the big day! One year ago, I got the call from my sister - "Dars, it's TIME." OMG - IT'S TIME. So I call my boss, jump in my car and head down to my sisters to pick up my little nephew. She was on her way to the hospital and by mid afternoon we had the good news that Olivia Lea had arrived. She was soooo tiny and beautiful. Fast forward to today. She is ONE! She is still tiny though, hence the "peanut" I made this little card today with her in mind. She is born on the first of July and it really doesn't get toooooo much more patriotic than that, (unless you are actually born on the fourth) so I used the red, white, and blue for the card stock (Bazzil and Bazzil Dots). There is a great collaboration of stamp companies on here: The Greeting Farm with the Wild West Anya colored in with Copics for skin tone, and than Stampin Up markers for her western wear, and hair; than we have Clear Dollar Stamps with their supercute!!! Charlie horse who is also colored in with Stampin Up Markers, and the Giddy Up sentiment is from the same set; and last but not least Kitchen Sink Stamps with 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet and 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy for the Number 1. Congratulations, Peanut! You've come a long way this last year, and today is the first day of the rest of your life! Enjoy

No comments: