Monday, April 20, 2009

Back in action


Good day to all. Sorry I had a rough(busy)week last week. No time for stamping. Not to mention that I thought I would have lots of time to get some stuff done at a crop on Saturday night, but the weather put us all off until next Saturday! Oh well. I was able to use a couple of cards I had previously done for all of yesterday's birthdays. Happy birthday to the following: Grandpa Pagliasotti - 86 yrs, Grandma Cavnar - 85 yrs, and my good friend Cesar - 34 yrs. What a busy day. We also attended a benefit concert for a local charity called Lifeboat 14. It was lovely. I hope all of you had a good weekend despite the weather too. Well here is a card I made recently as I learn the technique of brayering. It is so beautiful and for someone who HATES sponging (I get crabby when my fingers get crampy), it is such a beautiful way to create lovely backgrounds. I need to work a bit on blending the colors together, but I actually like the hard lines in this scene. I used Stamping Up inks Night of Navy and So Saffron to create the moon and the night sky. I used the same inks to dye some ribbon and the same colors of card stock. The tree was a random stamp from Archivers and I used a white gel pen to highlight the tree. I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and we are off. I made four of these and my daughter used this one to give as a birthday card to her step father in early December. I "borrowed" it off his board so I could get a proper picture of it. This is one of my favorite cards I have ever made. I hope you all enjoy it as I do. I will be back before weeks end with some other projects to share. Thanks to you all.

No comments: