Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Curl up with a good book...mark!


Hello to all! Well after the "Blizzard of 2009" hit last week, I had a few extra days away from the office for various reasons, but most of them were directly related to the snow that we had over the last few days. We are expecting more this evening just in time for the evening rush hour! I can't tell you how happy I am about that. =( Oh well. For those of you who don't have to be out driving in all the nastiness, you may get a chance to curl up with a good book. I know I have taken to bringing one with me lately so I have something to do when I get stuck waiting at places while other people do their things, like piano practice, or job bids, or even jobs. I have managed to get through quite a few books recently. Of course you never know how much time you will actually have when you are on other people's schedules, so it is ever so handy to have a good bookmark to go with the good book! I did this in December with the intent of giving it as a gift to my stamping buddies, but I didn't get them all out, so I have been using this lately for myself. Seems to fit the weather mood lately. I picked up the stamp at Scrapbook Destination as I needed a cupcake stamp and what better one than this. The paper is Stampin Up Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White. The snowman is colored in with Real Red, Only Orange, and shadowed with Bordering Blue. I used Barely Banana to highlight the ground and only afterwards did I realize that it was yellow snow! Oh well. I used the emboss resist technique to cover the snowman and his shadow and then I filled in the ground and the night sky with a brayer, did a little sponging around the edge for depth and added some snowflakes/stars with a white gel pen. It is a lovely bookmark just as it is, but I took it one step further and cut a matching piece of Night of Navy, scored it one inch from the top, and stuck it together with some tacky tape, so that the bookmark will fold itself over a couple pages and stand up above the book a bit instead of getting lost down in the book. Hope you enjoy your book and stay nice and warm tonight!

2 comments:

Angela Knopf said...

I have one of these bookmarks! (I'm so lucky!) Very cute sistah.

Angelina Pagliasotti said...

This is the cutest bookmark, reminds me of home, Your shading is improving too! Keep em coming, LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!