Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ian Baseball Birthday










Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday. Today I have a card to share in honor of a coworkers birthday and for baseball fans out there - to honor the beginning of the baseball season. My co-worker is from Chicago and a big fan of the White Sox. He does enjoy the game and has been known to "settle" for a Rockies game from time to time, so I decided that a baseball card would be a perfect way to honor his birthday! The image is Batter Ian DS from The Greeting Farm (see here: http://thegreetingfarm.com/index2.php) and was a loan to me by my good friend Angela. (It will be hard to repay as she has WAY MORE stuff than me, so I will have to search long and hard to get her something in return. **smiles**) The rest of the card is fairly simple: the image is colored with Copics (hair and skin), Stampin Up Marker Creamy Caramel (the bat), and a generic black marker to fill in the Black spots. The DP is the Softball from Reminesce and the card stock is Bazzil Black and Stampin Up Creamy Caramel. The little pennant is handwritten because I didn't have a Happy Birthday sentiment that worked there. I used some of the reverse side of the DP to cut out the words for the inside design and just used some more paper to dress it up a bit. Looks like he is ready for the big leagues! Well that's all for me. Hope everyone has a great day. Until next time...

1 comment:

Angela Knopf said...

Super Cute! I love how you tied the paper from the front to the inside of the card. I'm so glad he liked it. Next step: COPICS. *giggle